Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wouldn't this be fun to do during Fashion Week?

This is quite possibly the funniest Led Zeppelin groupie anecdote I’ve ever read. I can’t stop rereading it and laughing – the language is hilarious.

While trying to watch TV one night during their 1971 North American tour, Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham found himself repeatedly distracted by the grunting and groaning sounds issuing from the visitors in his road manager's bed. Bonham, seeking a measure of revenge, finally found a shoe by the door, and pooped in it.

Bonham encountered the girl after their show the following night. "Remember me? You shit in my shoe," she declared. "I wanted to thank you for a wonderful night!"

[On another occasion, Bonham grew annoyed with Jimmy Page's Japanese girlfriend - and pooped in her purse.]

No comments: